Publicly available information – Plus 4 Financial Services Limited
Plus 4 Financial Services Limited trading as Sheehan Financial, FSP number 105806, holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice.
Plus 4 Financial Services Limited trading as Sheehan Financial is the Financial Advice Provider.
You can contact us at:
Phone: 03 545 8928 or 021 287 3877
Email: [email protected]
Address:Level 1, 281 Trafalgar Street, Nelson 7010, P O Box 126, Nelson 7010
Nature and scope of advice
Plus 4 Financial Services Limited advisers provide advice about:
✓ Financial Planning
✓ Retirement Planning
✓ Personal insurance (risk), including health insurance
✓ Shareholder protection
✓ Business succession
We provide advice in relation to the following products:
✓ Life Insurance
✓ Trauma Insurance
✓ Income Protection
✓ Mortgage Protection
✓ Total & permanent disablement
✓ Private Medical Insurance
✓ Key Person Cover
We provide advice in relation to products provided by the following companies:
- Asteron Life
- Fidelity Life
- Fisher Funds
- Partners Life
- Listed NZ and
- Direct Bond investments
- NZ and Overseas based fund managers
- NZ KiwiSaver Managers
Fees and expenses
Planning fee – charge up to $1,500+GST.
Planning fees are payable within 7 days of your adviser providing you your statement of advice. An invoice will be provided at this time with payment details.
Conflicts of interest
Plus 4 Financial Services Limited
For life insurance and health insurance, Plus 4 Financial Services Limited and the financial adviser receive commissions from the insurance companies whose policies we can recommend. If you decide to take out insurance that we recommend, the insurer will pay a commission to Plus 4 Financial Services Limited and/or the adviser who provides your advice. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of premium associated with your cover; specific commissions will be advised to you when advice is provided.
From time to time, product providers may also reward us for the overall business we provide to them. They may give us tickets to sports events, hampers, or other incentives.
To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise the client’s interests above their own and to manage the potential conflicts of interest as disclosed above, all Plus 4 Financial Services Limited advisers follow an advice process that ensures personalised recommendations are made on the basis of the client’s goals and circumstances, as advised by the client. Plus 4 Financial Services Limited advisers complete regular training, including how to manage conflicts of interest. Each adviser has a regular compliance review of their advice process and our compliance programme is reviewed annually by our external compliance adviser.
Disputes and Complaints
If you are not satisfied with our financial advice service you can make a complaint by emailing [email protected], or by calling 03 545 8928. You can also write to us at: PO Box 126, Nelson 7010.
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it using our internal complaints process:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we can’t, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint.
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
If we can’t resolve your complaint, or you aren’t satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Insurance & Savings Ombudsman.
Insurance & Savings Ombudsman provides a free, independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint, if we haven’t been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
Freephone: 0800 888 202
Telephone: 04 499 7612
Email: [email protected]
Post: Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme
PO Box 10-845
Plus 4 Financial Services Limited, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf,
has duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice. We are required to:
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests (431K)
- exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice (431L)
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice) (431K)
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.